eVolo Magazine is inviting designers around the world to participate in the 2016 VMODERN Furniture Design Competition. The award was born from the desire to create a forum for the discussion, debate and development of innovative design. The goal is to discover and promote the most creative pieces of furniture that will transform the way we live and interact with our environment.
What is the future of furniture design?
This is an ideas competition and designers may submit pieces in production, prototypes, and/or concepts. Projects will be evaluated based on creativity, originality, feasibility, function, and aesthetics.
Participants may submit the following designs:
- Seating: armchairs, benches, chairs, lounge chairs, recliners, stools, etc.
- Planes: beds, coffee tables, desks, shelving units, tables, etc.
- Lighting: ceiling lamp, floor lamp, table lamp, wall lamp, etc.
Schedule & Fees
- March 10, 2016 – Competition announcement, registration begins
- July 19, 2016 – Early registration deadline (US $75)
- September 20, 2016 – Late registration deadline (US $95)
- September 27, 2016 – Submission deadline (23:59 hours US Eastern Time)
- November 8, 2016 – Winner’s announcement
- Brad Ascalon [principal Brad Ascalon Studio NYC]
- Jonas Bjerre-Poulsen [partner Norm.Architects]
- Peter Donders [principal Peter Donders, Morphs, Morphsine]
- Chris Hardy [principal Chris Hardy Pty Ltd]
- Kasper Rønn von Lotzbeck [partner Norm.Architects]
- David Trubridge [principal David Trubridge]
- 1st Place: US $2000
- 2nd Place: US $1000
- 3rd Place: US: $500